Tuesday 24 April 2012

Horse Head from Whoa to Go - look at all the pics

 One 30cm tin - Chocolate Cake - I have cut the outline of the head and carved the contours.
 I covered the head in brown tinted butter-cream as my crumb coating.
 I then put on my fondant and moulded an ear - (A little small) It is being held in place with the rolling pin and an almond nut in the cavity.
 I have added some nice white teeth and an eye - made with a malteser.
 I made the mane and stuck it down with water and a paintbrush and held it in place with toothpicks while it dried.
 I added the bridle and changed the eye to a slightly bigger one made with a rolled ball of fondant.
Finally I added the brass bridle ring and buckle for the top strap. I also glazed the eye with egg white. End result - a happy customer. Plus my partner thought I was 'quite clever'. Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment