Saturday 27 July 2013

Fire Engine





This cake is made from two 30cm banana cakes - and it has a lot of fondant so is very heavy.  It was made for a man who is a volunteer fireman. I made the side silver patterned panels a few days ahead so that they could dry out and I also made the ladders, wheels, lights at the same time, but when the panels dried they started to bend a little, hence the sticky outy bits. If I had spent a lot more time with the straight edges it would have been so much better. I have a new job and finish work at 6.00pm in the evening so I am finding it harder to fit the cakes in around my busy days and spend the necessary amount of time to perfect such things as straight edges.  I will not be doing any cakes for a wee while after next weeks fairy cake as I am having a new kitchen fitted and we need to pretty much gut out the old one.  I am so excited, this will be my first ever proper new kitchen. yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment