Saturday 23 April 2011

Some of my earliest efforts.....



1. The castle for my son was the first time I used lemonade jelly for water - the boys loved it.
2. My daughter was 4 and this was the first time I made fluffy frosting - it looks a little messy - but it was nice to eat - yum. Who can resist pebbles?
3. My son turned 3 and I was pushed for time - this is just a premade cake - cut up with stuff plonked on it - thankfully 3 year olds are not too discerning.
4. A treasure map for my son - a variation on a picture - fun to make.
5. My grandson was 2 - he wanted a train cake - this one from the AWW - very popular - and lots of fun to make.
6. My daughter went horse-riding with friends for her 9th birthday - hence the horse head.
7. Ahh yes - the carousel horse - My daughter was 5 -this was the first time I had piped with butter icing. I have learnt to  slow down and make sure to cover all the gaps. Lovely colour - and loads of butter icing.

1 comment:

  1. Good on you for getting your blog started. Don't forget to put your latest efforts on too.

    ReplyDelete